Community Food Justice Planning Meeting
Birchwood & Alderwood Residents: Attend community meeting about Albertson’s closure & food justice – solutions for the community by the community. Friday, March 24, 7-8:30 pm. Shuksan Middle School Cafeteria. Sponsors: Bellingham Racial Justice Coalition, Community to Community Development, & Jobs with Justice. Contact: email@example.com
State Legislation Workshop with NARAL-Pro-Choice Washington
Free workshop this Saturday from 2-4 at Village Books. The workshop will consist of a bit of a crash course on how legislation works at the state and local level, and then we’ll discuss proven strategies on how to affect real political change, and give everyone an inside look at NARAL Pro-Choice Washington’s political strategy for this legislative session. This workshop is interactive, so we’ll have some group exercises and also invite folks to talk about their own experiences as activists whether you marched in January, wrote letters, attended a rally or called your lawmakers! Registration
Urgent Call to Action: Protect Cherry Point!
If you haven’t yet done so, please take action!! See our earlier post for contact information and suggested scripts.
- Oppose Senator Ericksen’s efforts to reverse the order that removed the 45-acre pier-sized cutout from the Cherry Point Aquatic Reserve boundary.
- MONDAY, 3/20: Call Senate Committee members!!
- TUESDAY, 3/21: If you can, attend the public hearing in Olympia at 10am and wear red.
- Ask Whatcom County Council to extend the moratorium on unrefined fossil fuel export projects and strengthen Comprehensive Plan policies for Cherry Point.
- BY TUESDAY, 3/21: Submit comment via email before the public hearing.
- TUESDAY, 3/21: Attend the Whatcom County Council public hearing at 7pm and wear red.
This bill is scheduled for executive session TODAY (Monday, March 20th) in the Senate Committee on Ways & Means at 3:30pm. Call your senator to oppose.
Kevin Ranker (360) 786 – 7678
Doug Ericksen (360) 786 – 7682
Call Rick Larsen to co-sponsor a Resolution of Inquiry on Trump’s tax returns.
Suzan DelBele is already a co-sponsor.
From the Calendar
Friday 24 March, 12pm – 1pm, How Children’s Literature Inspires Bold Conversations, Bellingham Public Library – Central Branch, 210 Central Ave, Bellingham